It’s that time of year again, when the days get longer and kids run around carefree; it’s summertime! Some ways that we think you might enjoy spending your summer in Jackson:
– June 2: Mississippi Boychoir Spring Concert- current and former choir members perform selections from Mozart, John Rutter, Andrew Lloyd Webber and more. Free! Fondren Presbyterian Church, more info.
– June 5: Snake Day- MS Museum of Natural Science, See a snake exhibit and learn to identify them. Hepetologist Bryan Fredrick gives lectures at 10am and noon. Regular admission price applies. More info.
– June 17: Father’s Appreciation Day- Jackson Zoo, Fathers receive half off admission for Father’s Day with paying for a child’s admission. More info.
– June 23: Breakfast with the Beavers and Otters- What better way to start the day than by having a delicious breakfast in a climate controlled Mississippi Wilderness Aquatic Building and watching the antics of the zoo’s favorite furry swimmers- the otters. Enjoy breakfast and fun family activities from 7-9 and then enjoy a day at the zoo-all for one low price. Admission applies. More info.
– June 28: Red, White and Jackson– Downtown Jackson, Join in the fifth annual Red, White, and Jackson. Free. For more information, call 601-946-7575.
– July 4: Watermelon Classic– MS Sports Hall of Fame, this annual race includes a 5K run/walk, a one-mile wellness run and a Tot Trot for children ages 3 and under. Watermelon served after the race. Proceeds benefit the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum. More info.
Get out this Summer and explore all Jackson has to offer. Remember, we have some great things to do right here in Jackson! Make sure to check out the MS Children’s Museum, Natural Science Museum, Jackson Zoo, Old Capitol Museum, MS Museum of Art, Ag and Forestry Museum, MS Sports Hall of Fame, and so many others- you’re sure to discover a new adventure!